Online Community Forum
Chameleon Husbandry Products
Local Pick-up for Rescues
Chameleons are put up for adoption for a wide range of reasons. In many cases, previous keepers want the best for these animals and just want to know that they are loved and cared for. ChamEO’s goal is to provide the best for these chameleons from this point forward.
The ChamList forum was created in order to develop a community around our adopted chameleons and their keepers. We advocate for a friendly forum where beginners can become proficient in chameleon care. We aim to educate and help each other as a community.
We have replaced the old adoption applications with a more dynamic way to match chameleons with their forever home. By using open forum threads, other members of the community can contribute helpful information throughout the process. The idea is to have things out in the open and up for discussion. Our hope is that we will see people striving to provide the best, most beneficial habitats for ChamEO adoption animals.
Following is a guide on how you can adopt from ChamEO (via ChamList).
1. Register on www.ChamList.org. The process cannot be started unless you are a member of ChamList.
2. Have a screened cage set up prepared and ready for the chameleon you wish to adopt. Examples of what your cages look like will not suffice. The enclosure must provide for hydration, lighting, proper thermoregulation, exercise, normal chameleon behavior and comfort.
3. Within the thread of the adoption chameleon you wish to adopt, post a photo or short video showing at least three sides of the enclosure/set-up. The photos or video must include the following:
By posting your photos and/or video, this will open up the adoption process and allow for community discussion. Any issues with the enclosure must be addressed before you will be granted an adoption.
3. Chameleons will only be adopted to homes with an automated misting system. ChamEO offers MistKing bundles for $190 but these are Top Shelf systems. Please visit our store if you would like to purchase a system from us.
4. Explain why you would like to adopt this particular chameleon, what your experience is and the type of diet you plan to provide for him/her.
5. Acknowledge that there is a $25 adoption fee (+shipping if you are not local) per chameleon.
6. Once an adoption has been approved, you agree to update the thread (it will be moved to "Past Adoptions") so others can see how things are going. It is suggested that you post 3 or 4 times a year minimum.
7. You would have to agree not to sell or trade the ChamEO adoption animal.
8. If you are unable to provide necessary care (adequate and beneficial husbandry, veterinary care, etc.) due to a change in your circumstances you will need to return the chameleon to ChamEO, Inc. in a safe and responsible manner. By applying for a ChamEO adoption, you are stating that you're able to provide necessary care as described.
9. All adoptions are at ChamEO's discretion and always in the best interest of that particular chameleon.
10. Once you are chosen as Adopter, please complete the contract below and submit it by email to email@example.com. You may pay ChamEO for shipping and adoption fees by credit card via PayPal.
ChamEO is here to help the hobbyist with resources and ideas for improving chameleon care.
ChamEO also takes in any chameleon, rehabilitating those that are not well and seeking homes for those that are.
We are non-profit with 501(c)(3) status.